Hi everyone , I am Nitin Ghule and I designed...Read More
Almuni Association of Science College Of Nagpur
WELCOME TO AASCON
The Institute of Science has shaped many educationists, scientists, writers, managers, entrepreneurs, politicians, teachers etc. The Alumni Association brings all these people together on a single platform and develops synergistic plans to aid and improve Institutional endeavours. The AASCON works to strengthen ties between the Institutions and the alumni, so that the alumni can participate in various activities including cultural and social activities. AASCON is also a focal point of contact among alumni to interact and network with each other. The Alumni Association conducts regular meetings wherein the members freely and closely interact with each other on issues pertaining to development of the college and also their role and contribution. Their ideas and suggestions are duly recognized and implemented by the college administration. The HODs also interact with the members of Alumni Association especially on the matters of development of value–added programs.
- To encourage, foster and promote close relation between Institute of Science and its Alumni and among the Alumni themselves.
- To provide and disseminate information regarding the institutions, its graduates, facilities and students to Alumni.
- To ensure that programs are initiated and developed for the benefit of the Alumni.
- To guide and assist Alumni who have recently completed the courses of study to obtain employment to engage in productive pursuits useful to the society.
- To establish and maintain a link with all the students and with the community at large.
- To preserve and promote the interest of the Alma Mater through Alumni involvement in its future and governance.
- To participate and assist in the promotion of Institutions as a major destination for higher education.
The name of the Organisation shall be “AASCON” i.e. The Alumni Association of Science College Of Nagpur and it shall be an all India Organisation. The Organisation is referred to as the ‘Association’.
The Central Office of the Association shall be situated at Department of Physics. Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Bombay-400 076.
(b) To make the expertise and experience of the large number of ex-students and teachers of the College of Science, Nagpur available to all members of the Association and to the society at large.
(c) To promote social, educational and cultural activities conductive to the above stated objectives.
|AASCON SCHOLARSHIP / FELLOWSHIP
– Ms. Varsha Nandeshwar
|The membership of the association shall be open to any person who was a student of the college of science / Institute of Science, Nagpur.
The Association shall have the following classes of membership :
b) LIFE MEMBER:
c) ORDINARY MEMBER:
d) HONORARY MEMBER:
Standard operative procedures (SOP)
Functions of the Association/ SOP of Alumni Association:
- Enrollment of alumni with association: Each constituent chapter of Alumni association shall enroll all the degree holders in their respective chapter. The treasurer of respective chapter shall provide and collect the filled enrollment form with the prescribed registration fees of respective chapter as per bylaws, from the degree holder. The treasurer shall provide the receipt with permanent Alumni Id number to the respective Alumni.
- Meetings: The meeting is conducted at governing body as well as chapter level at least two times a year. The minutes of meeting will be maintained by the secretary of the respective chapter and / or the secretary of Governing body of the association. The secretary of respective chapter/ governing body shall circulate the agenda at least seven days prior to the commencement of meeting. The secretary shall procure the action taken report as per requirement before commencement of next meeting.
- Activities: Each respective chapter of alumni association shall conduct at least minimum two activities per year. The activities shall include social activities, donation, carrier guidance seminar, Alumni get to gather, community outreach program etc. the copy of the final activity report with all the related proof for each activity should be given to the president of the governing body in both hard and soft copy after duly signed by the chapter president and secretary. All the activity reports with proof also have to be maintained at respective chapter level.
- Finance distribution: The treasurer of the governing body shall grant a sponsor of 10% from the yearly pool of the each chapter at the beginning of the financial year with the final approval from the president, Alumni Association. The treasurer has to maintain the books of accounts of the association. The annual audit of the finance shall be maintained by the treasurer after certification by an external certified public accountant. Financial year should be considered from 1st April to 31st March of respective year.
- Election and tenure: The tenure for the Governing body &/or chapter Members is restricted to the period of three years. Subsequently the new body shall be formed by conducting election under the supervision of the registrar, the ex-office member of the Alumni Association.
- Resignation and Replacement: Each member of the chapter/ governing body shall submit the resignation form as per the format of the alumni association counter signed by the president, secretary and treasurer of the governing body of the association. In case of resignation / replacement of the president of governing body, the vice president becomes the president. The president, secretary and treasurer of governing body have to submit the resignation letter to the registrar, the ex-officio member of the association for its further course of action.
- Disqualification or Removal: Any member of the association can be disqualified or removed when found to conduct activities that are harmful for the association as per the verdict of 2/3rdof the governing body members.
- Amendments: The bylaws may be amended at the annual meeting of the association called for that purpose by a majority of at least 3/5th of those present in the meeting. Written notice of the said meeting shall be sent to the active members at least 30 days prior to the date of meeting which notice shall include the proposed amendments.
- Feedback: Feedback from Alumni will be taken at enrollment time (Form-A) and at their next visit time (Form-B) by feedback coordinator of respective chapter. The copy of final feedback analysis and report of each respective chapter shall be submitted to the President of governing body for further action. The president shall analyze & compile the feedback report of all constituent chapters and the copy of the comprehensive final feedback report shall be submitted to the vice chancellor of the University for the Further Action once in two years.
- Quorums: Minimum 4 (Four) members of the governing body will be required for the quorum purpose.
Organ Donation and Eye donation
Guest lecture was organised for Aascon members and Student in room no 42. The lecturer for Organ Donation was Dr.Ravi Wankhede. And for eye donation was Dr. Smita Karandikar.